The most efficient way to verify that a person is registered with the CRTO is through the Public Register of Members posted on the CRTO website. The Register includes information such as:
- each Member’s name and former name;
- registration numbers;
- class of registration;
- any terms, conditions and limitations imposed on a Member’s certificate of registration;
- business contact information;
- any suspensions or revocations of a Member’s certificate of registration including suspension/revocation for non-payment of fees;
- information about discipline and incapacity proceedings against a Member;
- any finding of professional negligence or malpractice made by a court against a Member.
Employers may also contact the CRTO by phone, mail or email to verify that a person is registered to practice as a Respiratory Therapists in Ontario.