- Before you start the application, please review the Registration Requirements section.
- You may submit your application before you complete all the requirements. For example, while you are completing the final requirements for graduation, waiting for your exam results, or work permit. However, the CRTO will not register you until your application meets all of the registration requirements.
- You may not work as a Respiratory Therapist or use the Respiratory Therapist title or designation (e.g., GRT, RRT) in Ontario until you have received written confirmation from the CRTO that your certificate of registration has been issued. Working as an RT includes participating in an employer clinical orientation or training.
- As part of your application, you will need to pay a $75.00 application fee (online Visa or MasterCard transaction). The application fee is non-refundable.
- When completing your application, answer all applicable questions on each page and click the Next/Submit button. Information will be saved to your profile once each page is updated.
- Review your application to make sure all information is correct before you pay the application fee (you can print the review page for your records). Once the application fee has been paid, you will be unable to make changes to your application.
- Your application file will be open for up to 12 months.
- The CRTO is not responsible for technical issues beyond its control. The online application system is not designed for use on mobile devices.
- If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us.
CRTO Privacy Statement:
The CRTO takes great care to safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of information it collects from members and applicants. All information is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with our statutory obligations under the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 (RHPA) and in accordance with the CRTO’ policies and By-Laws.
Section 23 of Schedule 2 to the RHPA requires the CRTO to maintain a Register that contains certain information about members that must be made available to the public. This includes Members’ names, business addresses and business telephone numbers, as well as information regarding Members’ registration status. In addition, the By-Laws authorize the CRTO to collect and include other information on the Register, such as interruptions in registration or requirements imposed by the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee. We are required to include the Register on our website and must provide this “public” information to anyone who requests it. For more information, please see the Register.
Other information the CRTO collects about members – including their home address, email address and date of birth – is confidential. It is not made available to the public under any circumstances. It may be made available to other parties where permitted or required by law. This information is used only for the purpose of carrying out the CRTO’s regulatory functions and objects in accordance with the RHPA and the By-Laws.