Emergency preparedness includes all plans developed and reviewed in anticipation of a crisis, which includes a wide variety of public health emergencies such as pandemic influenza and natural disasters that impact on the infrastructure that supports the health care system.
Disease Specific Information
For information on Emergency Registration please click here.
As with every public health issue, it is essential that you stay informed and that the information you obtain comes from reputable sources. For additional links to several key agencies that offer reliable and up-to-date information on COVID-19 please click here.
For media inquiries or to view recent articles related to COVID-19 please see our media room.
COVID-19 Vaccines – Information for RTs about how to receive click here.
Ontario Health Workforce Matching Portal information.
Message from the CRTO to RT Students Working in a Healthcare Setting During the Pandemic • Sent April 06, 2020
COVID-19 Update to ALL CRTO Members • Sent March 17, 2020
Directive #1 for Health Care Providers and Health Care Entities Issued under Section 77.7 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act (HPPA), R.S.0.1990, c. H.7 – March 30, 2020
Directive #2 for Health Care Providers (Regulated Health Professionals or Persons who operate a Group Practice of Regulated Health Professionals) – April 26, 2021
The Ministry of Health has again revised Directive #2 for Health Care Providers – April 19. 2021
This directive states that all non-urgent/non- emergent procedures should be ceased. Decisions regarding the cessation or postponement procedures should be made using processes that are fair and transparent to all patients. Procedures performed in specialty pediatrics hospitals are exempt from Directive #2.
The MOH has also developed this Q & A document to answer questions about these recent directive changes. If you have any additional questions, please contact Kelly Arndt, RRT – Coordinator of Quality Practice.
Directive #3 for Hospitals within the meaning of the Public Hospitals Act and Long-Term Care Homes within the meaning of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 – December 7, 2020
Directive #4 for Ambulance Services and Paramedics under the Ambulance Act – March 30, 2020
Directive #5 for Hospitals within the meaning of the Public Hospitals Act – October 8, 2020
- For the most up to date COVID-19 information and numbers please see the MOH website here.
Assistive Devices Program (ADP) Update – August 17, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Assistive Devices Program (ADP) has made temporary changes to the policies governing funding assistance for home oxygen therapy. The CRTO/RTSO has highlight two (2) of these most recent changes that will impact current or future ADP-funded clients.
- The ADP has extended funding assistance for current ADP-funded clients if their funding assistance for home oxygen therapy is scheduled to end between March 12, 2020, and August 30, 2020. The funding period has been extended to August 31, 2020.
- For the duration of the pandemic, ADP has waived the requirements for a physician or nurse practitioner to submit ABG or oximetry test results to confirm that first-time applicants meet the Program’s medical eligibility criteria for ADP-funded home oxygen therapy. The ADP will accept a prescription from a physician or nurse practitioner, licensed to practice in Ontario, as confirmation of the need for home oxygen therapy. The ADP-registered vendor will still need to complete an application form.
Full details are included in the Memorandum “COVID-19 Pandemic – Home Oxygen Therapy” (UPDATE to the memo dated April 03, 2020)” dated August 17, 2020. Questions regarding these or any other temporary changes can be sent to email@example.com.
Additional Resources and Guidance Documents
- Ministry of Health and Long-term Care – Guidance Documents for Health Care Workers
- Guidance for Acute Care – June 05, 2020
- Guidance for Home & Community Care Providers – May 04, 2020
- Guidance for Primary Care Providers in a Community Setting – May 22, 2020
- Guidance for Long-Term Care Homes – April 15, 202
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information Sheet – Dec. 13, 2020
- COVID-19 Administration of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine – Dec. 13, 2020
- COVID-19 Guidance for Health Care Settings: Managing Health Care Workers with Symptoms within 48 Hours of Receiving COVID-19 Vaccine – Dec. 14, 2020
- COVID-19 Vaccine Availability and Rollout – Dec. 12, 2020
- COVID-19 Vaccine Approval Process and Safety – Dec. 12, 2020
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information Sheet – Dec. 13, 2020
- Public Health Ontario
- Updated IPAC Recommendations for Use of Personal Protective Equipment for Care of Individuals with Suspect or Confirmed COVID-19
- COVID-19: Aerosol Generation from Coughs and Sneezes
- COVID-19: Aerosol Generating Medical Procedures
- COVID-19: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Neonatal Resuscitation
- Several websites have been created for COVID-19 that act as a portal for trusted and legitimate information and resources and have been shared below:
- COVID-19 information for Internationally Educated Health Professionals (IEHPs)
- RTSO’s Staged Precautions for Pulmonary Diagnostic Testing During and After COVID-19 Pandemic in Ontario.
Ministry of Health and Long-term Care